Tuesday, August 22, 2006

It's 8:59

I feel like pacing around, but I don't. I seriously hate waiting. And I seriously hate the thought of not doing something music-involved next year. I have always done it. Maybe that's why it's bothering me. Or maybe I'm afraid of failure. Well, yeah, I am definately afraid of failure. I am scared of working really hard for something and put everything I've got into it and failing. I think that's why I've been so ambivalent about taking Physics. I guess I'm scared of taking writing seriously too, but that's different. I know I can write well, and I'm self-diciplined enough to make myself sit down and write. But it's with stuff that I don't know that I get screwed over with. I don't know the extent of my musical abilities. And I don't know about physics. I know I'm taking the class, but I still don't...know. But I guess that's a part of life too. The unknown. There's a great song that plays during the credits of the 3rd Pokemon movie called that.

But anyway. I really want to play for Saddleback. I've missed not playing in a large group. Marching band last year doesn't count, I took that for the PE credit. But it would be so fun to play with other people again, working with all the different sections and giving performances. And working under a good director who's hard, but fair. I want to get it...but you know what? I think I will be okay if I don't.

First of all, if I really want to play in a group, I know I'll find one because Florence is my flute teacher and flute teachers don't let you down like that. I think it has something to do with being a musician that makes you hella determined to do something that makes you happy. Besides, now that I've realized this, I feel better. I want to go play flute now, but it's too late. I also want to talk to Florence, but she's on vacation. She mentioned this small music class at Saddlback where the director puts you into small groups to work with and you rehearse once a week. You audition, but only so he knows what group to put you in, and everyone gets accepted because the class is desparate for numbers. They'll get cancelled if they don't get enough people. I need to ask her about that. I could call her cell phone, but I don't want to bother her.

Wow, I haven't written like this here for a long time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, chill. It takes at least a week to get a notice. Alright, maybe you won't get one and have to call them. That happened to me once. I called to ask the director if I got in or not, since it had been a few weeks after the auditions. Well, I had played in the younger orchestra and I wanted to move up. What he told me was "well, the orchestra (the more experienced one) is full, but I guess I could squeeze you in." I seriously replied something along the lines of "Well, I don't want to play if you're going to have to 'squeeze' me in." Okay, now I can't remember if I said that to him or told my parents that's why I didn't accept. It was my reason for not joining it though.

The reason why it's taking so long is because they ALL have to agree. And they took notes, right? So they have to look those over. Plus, you auditioned on a Sat. There's no mail on Sundays, so they probably spent their sweet time sending them out either on Monday or Tuesday.. That's if they're done already. And those do take a while to write up.

I'm sure you'll get in or you'll find a better orchestra or group to be in. Don't worry! If you don't win them over with your skills, you'll win them over with your personality.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home