Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Revelation & Resolution

Right, it's a damn good thing I write so much. I need to reread all my old blog entries, starting from the ones from LiveJournal. I've realized I've gotten too stressed about the SATs, and I need to reorient my values. I'm not saying I don't think the SATs aren't important, it's just that the class I'm taking has made me gone overboard. I need to start reading the SAT books tonight. I can't explain it, but I've always learned more from books. When I read, things make sense. The world is in order.

Thank God Nina is coming soon. I need a break from myself.

And, if there is a God up there, thank you also for Florence, my flute teacher, who I am going to see in less than half an hour. She is the best person in the world to talk to about being yourself and sticking to who you are, and how ridiculous our education system is.

So...why has the class made me gone overboard, you ask? Because it focuses so much on what you CAN'T do, it ignores to hone and skill what you CAN do. My writing hasn't improved. It's good, but that's because it was good in the first place. The first essay I wrote for that class was my best, which is why I'm convinced I've got to go back. I'd like to improve my reading and math skills too, and frankly, I think I've reached my limit from the class. Which is why I'm convinced I've got to work out of the books now. Thank you, God, for the third time, for books.

I have to stop listening to the class, because it isn't helping anymore. I think, from now on, it's really up to what I decide to do. And I have made my decision to put effort into the SATs, and I am not going back on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home