Monday, July 24, 2006

Churchill

There was an SAT practice question I did in class today that reads: "Had Churchill sent planes to defend Coventry from the German air raid, the Nazis would have realized that their secret code had been broken by the Allies." We were all just looking at it like a regular SAT question until my teacher told us to consider it's meaning. And then...wow. Churchill must of been a great leader to have been able to sacrifice the city, when he knew it would be destroyed, for future information from the Nazis. I don't think I could do that.

Then again, according to Corbett, Churchill was drunk his whole life. Still, he's an admirable person if he can be drunk and lead a country to victory. I wanna be like that! Haha, only I wouldn't be drunk, I'd be crazy. @.@

In class, we were talking about good writing techniques, and one of the guys, Kevin, pointed out that the length of an essay should be like a chick's skirt--long enough to cover the essentials, but short enough to keep it interesting. That was totally chauvinistic, but I think it's funny...and oddly enough, true.

We also played Squiggle, this game where one person draws a squiggly line and a second person makes something out of it. It was quite amusing; it came up after Mr. Andrew illustrated dependent clauses by drawing what looked like two mesas and a sunrise.

Oh yeah, and I messed up and walked to the library and back today, with Tony in tow. I thought I was suppose to tutor, but Rachel called both my cell and home at 9, and I didn't check my messages before I left. Stupid stupid. I am tired. Walking 1.5 miles to the library and 1.5 back up the hill isn't fun. I need some sugar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home