Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hooray for Daylight Savings!

...or is it the end of Daylight Savings? Well, anyway, this is now my favorite holiday because one extra hour last night meant one extra hour of sleep.

I honestly haven't done much this weekend. Yesterday, I went to the dentist and that took up half the day because I also went out to lunch befor the dentists, and since we were in Irvine, my mom went grocery shopping and I had to go with her because I STILL can't drive. Then, I got, thought about doing math homework, but decided I really didn't want to. So I went to Mervyns with my mom and got some much-needed new shirts for $4 a piece. :D They're nice shirts, too. One says "Luxe Angel," which I think means "Angel of Light" in Latin. I'll ask Mme H. Another shirt has this weird poem on it that doesn't make sense, but I like it. And my third new shirt has a flower pattern. But it's a tank top, so I won't be wearing it much, unless if it get really really hot.

Then I did my French homework after dinner while watcing and tape recording Harry Potter, and after an hour of that, I let the VCR tape record while I worked on my English essay. I took my essay to Stender last Friday, and he told me to make two changes, which I did. I guess, overall, they make the essay sound better, but for some reason, I was reluctant to change one of the parts. It's due Tuesday, so I still have tomorrow to go over it with a fine-tooth comb. (look! an idiom!)

I worked on my essay more this morning, and now, I really, really have to study math. I've been trying to think of a way to think about math that makes sense in my head. The closest I've ever, ever gotten to truly understanding math was when I thought of it like poetry. I can still see that aspect in a problem. You can start off with a triangle, and through a logical, clear process of steps, you build upon it to find a solution. In a way, it's beautiful.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.. Four bucks for a shirt? Bucks reminds me of that comercial for comcast or something saying "wanna save big bucks?" and there's a guy giving CPR to a buck. lol.

I hope those shirt are stylish! Or are they just T-Shirts? Haha. You look good in tighter clothes. They don't have to be too tight, but get something other than a t-shirt!

I'm going to study math too. Joy. I don't mind math too much though. Maybe cause I finally have a different teacher. I really want an A!!!!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home