Friday, October 06, 2006

Happy Mid-Autumn Moon Festival!

Tonight's the night of the year that the moon is brightest. It's August 15th on the ancient Chinese calendar, which was based off of the rotations of the moon. Step outside and take a look; it's so pretty.

I just came from my first Saddleback concert. It went alright, except for two blatant mistakes on my part. The first one: I came in a beat and a half late on my solo. >.< Luckily, I figured out where I was, so I just jumped in. The second one: I played a D natural when the note should've been a D flat. I'm sure I threw off the pitch in the flutes. Whoops.

What I like about Saddleback is that no one's pressured to do well. I mean, in high school, everyone's all like, "Okay, this is it. We've gotta pull this off," but at Saddleback, it's just relaxed and people get over it if you mess up. Plus, we were on a real stage. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home