Saturday, October 07, 2006

Dual Realities

There's a scene in Shaman King where Yoh's talking with Anna about the Shaman Fight. It takes place after Yoh's fight with Ren, the one that decided whether or not he'd make it past the prelims. Yoh's lying on his back, spacing out at the sky when Anna comes up to him and says something like, "You've been even spacier than usual lately."
"Huh?"
"Is that all you have to say for yourself?"
"..."
Yoh goes on to say, "Two days ago, I was fighting Ren, and now I'm back here. It doesn't feel like the match happened at all. It makes me wonder, was it all a dream? Or did it really happen?"
Anna responds, "The fight, and right now, are both real, but to you, they exist in different realities."

That's how last summer feels like to me: like it was a dream. I know it happened because I lived it, but being back in school makes it feel like it didn't. And today, after I picked up the ceramics Nina and I painted in August, I was thinking about everything that happened. There was so much...how is it possible that it doesn't seem real right now?

And if it doesn't seem real, how do I know I changed from it? I don't remember half the things about the SAT I learned. Hell, I don't remember half the things about myself I learned. But I guess I must have learned something, or I wouldn't be here the exact why I am in this exact moment of time.

Anna's right about events existing in different realities.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what I believe in. It's hard to think that's there are two or more realitites, but there must be something! I do like to believe that black holes lead to something other than death. Like a time warp or something. Or maybe that's where heaven really is and why whatever goes in never comes out. That or hell. It would make sense, right? even though I'm not religious.

12:48 PM  
Blogger meem said...

depends on your definition of "sense." whatever it is, i don't think i have much of it. >.<

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home