Monday, October 23, 2006

Life is a Journey

This is the first urge I've gotten to update my blog for a while. I honestly admire people who can update everyday, or close to everyday, like Hannah. Sometimes, I just don't feel like writing about stuff. Usually it helps me, but it doesn't if I force myself. And I don't really like writing one-liners that really don't say anything about my life, although I've been posting some of those lately.

Anyway, stuff has happened, some good, most bad. I still don't really feel like writing about it, or about school in general. That includes my (barely existent) social life.

So intead, I'll talk about college. (How is this not related to school? Well, it is, but it isn't for the moment.) Last year, I somehow came to the conclusion that I wanted to be a writer. I've forgotten how I came to that conclusion, but no matter, I did. And Corbett told me that UC Irvine was the 2nd best writing school in the nation. Coming into this year with the goals of becoming a writer and going to UCI has done worse for me than it helped me last year. Last year, the idea of knowing what I wanted to do in life gave me purpose. This year, it's driving me insane. I feel pressured to be perfect in English, and that just messes me up. So now I've decided not to think about long-term goals for the moment. Which pretty much puts me back to square one. Where do I want to go for college? What do I want to be? I bubbled in the code for a major in "English language" on the PSAT, but really, I don't know anymore. And I'm fine with that.

After all, life is a journey, and right now, I'm not in a hurry to get anywhere.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be the one comment this time. Lol.

I didn't know what to bubble in for the PSATs either!!! I put the performing arts.. something general. I looked at all the other categories and they just looked BLAH. Boring! No offense you to and your english, but not my thing.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home