Monday, September 18, 2006

Blog Time

Ahhh, I've been meaning to write here for days. Unfortunately, over the weekend, everytime I had free time (or made an excuse to have free time) I didn't feel like writing, and every time I had to do homework, I really wanted to write. Does that statement demonstrate parallel contrustion? If it does, look at my awesome syntax! haha...

So I have officially found my anime soul mate. Liz and I have been disecting ALL the Naruto fanfics, including all the pairings I like, which are also the ones she doesn't like, how everything works, good writers, writers who just plain suck, fluffiness...EVERYTHING. If I were on College Board, I'll put an essay prompt on a fanfic on the AP Comp exam. THAT would be cool. But, as Corbett often (pronounced "of'n"--the "t" is silent) says, that's neither here nor there. I'm still not really into the original Naruto story, but it feels good being able to disect fanfiction with someone just as crazy as I am, and I find some fanfics better than the original anyway. Especially good SasuSaku and NejiTen fics. Liz doesn't care much for romance, but she agreed with me that we need fluffy fics (look! alliteration!) so we can be optimistic and escape from realism once in a while...or in my case, like, every day.

Actually, if you told me six months ago I'd like romantic fanfics, I'd have pointed and laughed at you. What happened? The AP exams in May, that's what happened. I ignored FFNet for two years, and when I was stressing the most last year, right before exams, I found that wonderful, wonderful site again and immersed myself in stories that are totally unrealistic, but made me un-stress.

While I am ranting about anime, for some reason, Tony found an old, old video tape today. I think it was from a year or two ago. We had recorded some shows on it, so we popped it in and started watching. There was an hour of Yu-Gi-Oh, and because I wasn't totally eager to get back to taking history notes, I watched with him. It never fails to amaze me how much that show makes me laugh. Honestly, it's a terrible show. The story sucks (well, okay, everything after the Battle City Arc sucks). The animation sucks. The dub voice actors suck the most. But maybe that's why I find it amusing. Childish, but who cares? I don't. And while I was watching, I remembered an ancient YGO fic I started in 8th grade. I uncovered it during the weeks before the AP exams and I always meant to finish it over the summer, but I kept putting it off. I SO want to finish that now. Must watch more YGO. It was one of the few things I wrote from back then that I like. At the very least, I should type the beginning of what I wrote up so it won't sit all marked up in red in my notebook forever.

All that said, my week:

On Wednesday night, at my flute lesson, Florence gave me the number to Four Seasons Orchestra. On Thursday night, I called. Left a voice message. On Friday, lady called back. I set up an audition time for 2:30 on Sunday. Three days was not enough time to prepare anything, so I got out Pan again, sauntered in Sunday, and did my audition. The scales went well. I choose A flat to play, and after I did, the judge asked me to play A. I did. The judge just said, "Solid," which was a nice comment. Thank you Florence. Pan went okay. Unfortunately, sight reading SUCKED. I think it was one of the worst sight reading experiences I've ever had. By some stroke of fortune, the key of the piece (Molly on the Shore) was in A flat. But it was Irish. And I hate Irish tunes because they're ALL fast, light, and airy (except for the slow ones, which are just depressing). Nothing against the Irish, of course, but why does all their music have to be played to a jig? So I screwed up horribly on that. I didn't go in with much hope, because it was a last-minute thing, so I was fine after the audition. They sent me an e-mail today. I didn't get into their top music group, La Primavera, but they said I have a spot in their Chamber Orchestra if I want. That's not that bad, but not that good. So do I want it? I don't know yet. I still want to play at Saddleback, and I'm not sure my parents will let me do both. I'll talk to Florence tomorrow. Also need to work on site reading. I don't mind going to Saddleback this year, but next year I'd really like to get into a really good group like La Primavera. They get to tour over the summer, and it'd be awesome to go somewhere and play after Senior year.

Last night, I went to bed at 12. I woke up a couple hours later and my head was spinning. I tried to walk to the bathroom but I crashed into the wall. I seriously thought, "Okay...I don't think I'm drunk..." After I somehow made it to the bathroom and back to my room, I took three sips of water and got the violent urge to throw up. Walked with the world spinning around me to the bathroom again. Didn't throw up. Walked back to bed. Lied there for the next couple hours without sleeping until mom got up. Talked to mom. Mom made me eat cereal. Cereal made me feel a lot better. Went to school half dead. Somehow am still alive and functioning. I talked to Karla and she said it might have been low blood pressure. I never get low blood pressure. I drink a ton of water, and I eat a ton of junk food every day. Might be something else, but I hope I sleep it off tonight. It was pretty scarey last night when I was lying in bed. I kept imagining myself waking up in a hospital with 5 billion wires hooked around me. Probably the closest I've gone to imagining my death. Right now, though, I'm not tired. I think I've screwed my body up, badly. I should go to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home