Thursday, July 13, 2006

Hug me?

I think I have writer's block. I was thinking of how to start writing here, and I couldn't do it. Damn. I got a fortune cookie today though, and it told me "Patience is your alley. Don't worry!" And it really did spell "ally" as "alley." I'm not sure if I believe in God. I don't not believe in a higher being, I think supernatural beings might exist. But there's just been such a series of events in my life that it all just seems kind of too good to be coincidental.

It all started with me being Chinese, I think, and learning English as a second language. In second grade, my mom made me read a lot to improve my English. That caused me to like reading, and I read a ton over the next couple years. Third grade was when I really wanted to become a writer, but I never really wrote anything. Then...I met Marie in Irvine, and she introduced me to the Internet, which is how I found FictionPress. And that led to me actually writing. Then I wanted to be a psychologist for like, two years, but I trashed that idea after trying to take physics last year. And then...I found out I live close to one of the top writing schools in the country. UC Irvine. And it didn't even register that I wanted to be a writer when Corbett said that. I was just like, "Oh, okay." Then I started seriously considering what career options I have, and I realized, I don't really have any except in area related to English. Then I regained my love for writing through Ac Dec, I think. It was that speech I wrote about my rabbits. And still, I can't think of anything else I want to be. I don't care if I don't make a lot of money; that's not the point.

I don't even know why I said all that. Oh yeah, so here, all this stuff has happened, and it seems...like it's just been planned. I hate the thought of destiny, and I really don't believe in it. But...like, what if?

Anyway, all that isn't why I came here in the first place. I came cuz I was irritated with my dad. He checked out some SAT books from the library he wanted me to study, and I was mad because I'm already taking the class, and honestly, studying your ass off isn't going to help with the SAT, because it doesn't test what you know, it tests your SKILL. Your WISDOM. How good you are at figuring out the answer BASED OFF OF what you know. That's TOTALLY different from a simple "do you know the answer or not" type of question. You're never going to KNOW, and no matter how much you study, you're never going to be ready. That's the beauty of these tests. They teach you more about life than anything else, don't they? I mean, in 50 years, I won't know a thing about European history anymore, but I'll still have some of the self confidence I got from that class.

But back to the subject. I don't wanna study any more over the summer. I don't care if I sound whinny. I need a break.

I need to do my Algebra homework tomorrow for school becaust it's bugging me that I haven't started. Argh. I like Algebra. In a way, math is beautiful too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Math is beautiful? Just don't start sounding like Perry. Gah. In my world, math IS magical. Hehe. Although, Perry does agree with what you are saying about the SATs, and I think the same thing. Vocab is only one part of the test, so if you know those, great. But it's not the whole test. And they only give you possible words on the test. You aren't going to know all the words however hard you study your ass off.

And math, you can't cram in. It's just something that if you learned it, you'll know it. And if you don't, well, cramming doesn't help! I know you have a while so it's not really cramming, but you're Mimi. You're smart, and you don't have to worry.

You can whine. It seems like everytime I write something I can't think of other examples. Like in my rant about racism, I forgot to point out all the quizzes about "How asian are you?" or "How Chinese are you?" and the only other quizzes they take are ones that make fun of others like "How blonde are you?"

Oh well.. I'm over it for now. About the fortune cookie.. Maybe they did mean 'alley' like, which path are you going to take? Which alley leads you to victory! lol. choose the patience one apparently.. Or it could be a typo. Those are pretty scary. Where are you getting your fortune cookies? Naybe they're the real things..

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa.. i wrote "naybe". hehe. NAY NAY NAY!!!! that reminds me of my voice warm-up.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa.. i wrote "naybe". hehe. NAY NAY NAY!!!! that reminds me of my voice warm-up.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home