Friday, June 02, 2006

Impressionistic Art Fetish

I am sooo happy! Mom took half a day off of work today because Tony's kind of sick and she wanted to bring him home. After I came home, we went to Michael's because I had to get the photo frame for Garrity's surprise. (shhh...*wink*) The frame's 22 x 28 because we have 82 pictures, and Denice's cutting them out, but even if you cut every one in half, that's still equivilent to 41 full pictures. It's a nice brown, and it has an inner border of shinny white that's not quite silver. Platnium, maybe.

So we picked that out, and since the poster section is right next to all the poster frames, I couldn't resist looking at some of them, and I swear, I recognize half the artwork. There was this long poster of Monet's water lilies (it's a detail), and it was really really really pretty, so Mom agreed to get it for me. I'm putting it on the strip above my closet. I already have a poster of kitten there, but that is getting kind of old, and I hate the frame. It's too thick for the space. Then because I was getting a poster, Tony wanted one too, and he picked out one of Niagra Falls. Funny thing was, my mom really liked it also, and she said we'd hang it on the wall opposite the front door even though Tony wanted it in his room.

The posters were the same size, so I offered Mom my frame for the Niagra Falls one, and she agreed to get me another frame, since they were all on sale anyway. So I got a thin silver frame, and it fits nicely with the architecture of my room. My old frame was thick silver, and it looks good with Niagra Falls, so everyone was happy. Then I went to look at the scrapbook paper stuff, because I wanted some of the paper Karla bought for our French project. They were impressionistic paintings, but they were to be used to decorate stuff, and I really didn't think they would go with my room. Still, it was fun looking at them. I love impressionistic art. ^_^

So now Monet's in my room! <3

1 Comments:

Blogger meem said...

Oh my god, you totally CANNOT paint over the puppy one! You worked on it from 3rd grade til like, 8th grade! The fairy one is cool, but you have my permission to paint over it. (Haha, I know you're not asking, but really, the puppies have got to stay.)

I don't know about repainting your room though...I like the color, but then again, I don't live in it (for most of the year, anyway). But another color would be neat too. Tell me what you decide!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home