Tuesday, June 20, 2006

*ahem*

I need to write about my life. I have been avoiding this task for days out of sheer laziness.

First of all, I did not fail chem. Second of all, I did not fail English. Third of all, I have not started summer homework yet.

Fourth of all, I've been working like crazy on the Ac Dec scrapbook. I'm not sure why. I need a project, yes; I like Ac Dec, yes; I like scrapbooking, yes; but I have other projects I could do too, yes. I'm almost done with it. I need one more page to put the pictures of people "working" in class, a title page, and a page for the invite to the Ac Dec party on Thursday. I can't do the title page without the PE 20 picture, which I have yet to recieve, and I'm contempating the first page. The paper I'm using for it is covered in fish (don't drink water) and I've got 3 pictures of Emie, Pooja, and Michele playing with goldfish. I'm not sure how to arrange them though, and I want to make this one funny (even if Denice is the only one who gets it ^_~). I've also got some fish stickers Tony gave me a long time ago.

Fifth of all, I have to talk to Akshar about getting my permit. I need to know where he went, who he arranged his behind-the-wheels with, and what's on the test...not that I'll get the same one, but I need to know what to study since it's been like, 3 months since I took Driver's Ed.

Sixth of all, I'm babysitting Tony everyday. Life is quite boring. Mom offered to pay me $100 per month, but I actually feel bad taking money from my parents. I know sometimes I've gotten...aggravated I don't get an allowence, and I've never gotten practically any money from my parents, but now that my mom is offering, I don't think I can take it. So I told her she can just pay for my behind-the-wheels, which are around $200 anyway, and for my birthday party...which I have yet to plan. She might actually spend more that way, but it makes me feel better that she's not giving me money for random spending.

Seventh of all, Karla and I decided not to go to Connie's bonfire because we're not that into wild beach parties and we're going to throw Kylie a birthday party instead. We're planning to meet at the mall at 6 tomorrow and find her a gift in 30 minutes, because we told Kiki to come at 6:30. Then we'll treat her to dinner and take her to see Cars. It'll be fun. ^_^ And I'll make sure we don't walk into the wrong theather this time...

Eight of all, my flute recital's on Friday. I've realized that I actually practice when I have a deadline in front of me. I'm performing Pan, and I think of catching the wind...or chasing it...or something...but it's about a bird, so it suits the piece. I'm also playing stuff from Carmen, and it reminds me of the opening scene of North by Northwest. New York traffic and rush hour and all. Maybe it's just me...I think Bizet was before Hitchcock's time.

Ninth of all, I got my first job. At least, that's what my mom says. It's not from my parents, and I'm getting paid, so I guess it's a job. It's just tutoring though, and I'll just be working with Rachel. She failed her final, and I had a long talk with her mom about it. Apparently, she's not even suppose to be in the class she just took. That explains why they're teaching geomety, alg II, and stats material in pre-alg. ...Wait a minute, it doesn't. Pre-alg is to prepare you for alg, and they barely spend time going over INTEGERS, which are like, the basics of the basics. So her mom wants me to get the fundamentals down with her because you need those to build up. Oh yeah, I antagnolized with how much I should charge with my mom, and I was thinking $8, cuz that's above minimum wage enough to keep me happy, but Mom was all like, "ask for $10/hour first, and then you can negociate to 8," but Rachel's mom was ok with 10. I'll be doing 1 hour sessions 2 or 3 times a week, which isn't bad. I'm also thinking of advertising at summer school. I'll have to talk to Kiki about it tomorrow, since she's going for history and ask her if Mr. Tinker's still teaching. He was my geometry teacher last year. I wonder if he'll remember me. If he's there, I'll definately contact him and get him to tell his students about me. It pays (literally) to have teachers who like you. =)

To round it up, tenth of all, I don't have one, but I like symmetry, so I'll just say I watched Harry Potter 2 today. It's not significant, but it makes me wanna read the books again. And I'm still thinking about Corbett's story/screenplay. I've made up my mind to definately give it a shot. The problems are that: 1) I have no idea how to write a screenplay, and the story would really make a better movie than a book, and 2) I'd personally want to keept it rated pg13, which means cutting out some of the scenes Corbett described. (don't ask) I'll think about it all later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home