Monday, May 15, 2006

Feeling Kind of Sad

I dunno...I just feel kind of sad. I'm listening to Fruits Basket, which is helping a little. You really cannot listen to Fruits Basket and not feel a teeny bit more loved. ^_^

Anyway, went to the spectrum on Friday and had fun. I felt sorry that Mike had to leave though. He put a balloon from Red Robin, where we ate dinner, under his shirt and ran into Craig on purpose in the lobby of the theater. The balloon wasn't that big, it was medium sized, but when it poped, it echoed like crazy. I never want to play a concert in the lobby of a movie theater if that's how the sound will echo. It's the opposite of playing outdoors, the sound totally bounced off everywhere. We saw Just my Luck, which was predictable and cute. Akshar and Mike, who we pretty much dragged in, both said it was alright, but they are sucky liars. -_-; I feel bad they had to see it, but really, they didn't want to split up and see Poseidon with the rest of the guys.

Saturday I read a lot of Memoirs of a Geisha. I think it's an okay account, but the one thing that bugs me is that I can tell a westerner wrote it. I'm not purposely steryotyping, but I can tell Arthur Golden didn't grow up in an Asian culture. The second thing that bugs me is that he put the page about himself at the front of the book rather than the back, where author's pages usually go. How much more can he be screaming "look at me, I went to Harvard and learned how to speak Mandarin Chinese?!" Okay, he's a brilliant guy, who cares? The book matters more than the writer because the book is what actually communicate the writer's ideas. That's why words are important...they communicate ideas.

Speaking of words, I have yet to memorize my Ac Dec speech. Competition is this weekend...sigh. I don't know if I even want to study. I think I should work on math because I got 300 last time, and that's pretty bad. I'm not aiming for a medal, but it'd be nice to know I can still do algebra, geometry, and trig. And I should study literature, I won't mind doing that. I am not studying anatomy, but I should look at art a little. The super quiz is so long, it's ridiculous. I know the basics of the Renaissance from Euro, but I don't know ALL of the names and events.

Meanwhile, my stats projects is fun. I'm working with Rose, Karla, and Denice, and we're going to investigate bar bets! We're comparing the proportions of people who believe they can eat 3 or 4 pretzels under a minute to those who actually can, and see if there's a correlation between weight, amount of water consumed before eating pretzels, and results. I finally made it onto AIM today to do the proposal part.

Tutoring went as usual. The person I'm tutoring is taking Pre-Alg I B, which is messed up because she doesn't just do stuff I did in Alg I, she's also doing stats stuff and Alg II stuff. She worked on dotplots and boxplots, which is stats stuff, and she's doing arithmetic and geometric sequences right now, which is alg II.

I kind of figured out a little of what's going on between Aubrey, Aubrun, Alice, and Tyler. I feel sorry for Aubrey, really. Auburn and Tyler both like Alice. That's sad. And it makes sense that Auburn would like M**. She is in band. She plays practically every instrument there is, but she plays baritone in marching band, which is what Auburn played freshman year. She's a senoir. I probably said too much to people trying to figure this out. I'll shut up now...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Testing...because Denice said my commenting system didn't work. Is it working now? I got rid of the moderation thing and the word verification. *posts*

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! It works. Now I feel idiotic commenting at my own blog. -_-;; Especially commenting anonymously.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home