Friday, May 05, 2006

AP Euro Exam

Here's the usual breakdown (I am typing a lot here because my poor right hand wrote for 2 hours and 10 minutes, the poor thing):

Multiple choice: It was...alright. I actually had about 7 minutes left over to check all my answers. I made myself go pretty fast because I was afraid I would run out of time. (55 minutes is not a lot of time for 80 questions) I wished I had slowed down a bit and considered some of them more; especially the images. Oh well...I was able to answer most of them, and I had to widly guess on less than a handful, which was good. I could rule out at least one choice on most of the questions. Let's hope I didn't rule out the wrong choice, though, that would suck.

DBQ: There were 12 documents and the question was "How did Europeans percieve organized sports between 1860 and 1940?" I organized the documents into three categories: people played sports because of nationalistic pride and competition, women and colonies used sports as metaphors fight for equal rights and demonstrate their bodies were just as able as men, and people played sports to stay healthy and keep good relationships through friendly competition. I spent more than an hour on it, but I used all the documents.

Essays: My first essay was about art. The prompt asked to compare and contrast relationships between the artist and society in the Renaissance/Reformation to late 19th century relationships. I made an error in talking about romantiscism because romanticism was early 19th century, not late. Ooops...But I got all the other facts right, and I talked about impressionism and realism too, which is late 19th century. So I didn't do great with that; hopefully I passed. My second essay was about why Hitler lost World War II. The prompt asked for economic, diplomatic, and military reasons. I had no idea for economic, so I said that he didn't have financial backup, like the Allies had with the US and the Lend Lease Act. Brian told me it was because he didn't have resources, dang it. Hopefully "no financial backup" will slide by. Diplomatically, he sided with Mussolini, who got stuck in Greece and need Hitler to bail him out, forcing him to attack Russia late in the winter. I also said that if he hadn't broke the Non-Aggression Act, Stalin might never have joined the war against him. Militarily, I talked about how he didn't wait until he had secured Britain and had split his troops to invade Russia rather than waiting. With Britain free, D-Day was launched by the Allies later on. Then I walked about how Hitler declared war on the US when we only joined the war because Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. We had no interest in Germany whatsoever, so it was stupid for him to declare war on us when we only wanted to fight against Japan. When we joined, we launched D-Day, and because he hadn't waited to secure Britain, we got the western front.

The DBQ and essays were done in 2 hours and 10 minutes. The recommended time for DBQ is 45 minutes, and I spent more than an hour, so I wrote my essays in 25 minutes for each. It's kind of amazing how much faster I can write now, when I'm under pressure. Let's just hope they were actually good, heh.

Alright, I've got to go eat dinner now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home