Thursday, April 20, 2006

I ♥ Ac Dec

Okay, so it's been a busy week, and I've finally managed to get some time alone with the computer. Not that it matters, but I'm sucking on an orange flavored popsicle as I type. It keeps dripping, and the inavalibility of my hands doesn't help.

We had to choose our scheduals for next year this week. I had such a hard time deciding! I knew I was going to take AP Composition for English and AP US History (A PUSH! haha) for history, and French III, but I didn't know whether to take AP Calculus or Math Analysis Honors for math and AP Physics or AP Environmental Science for science. I finally decided yesterday, after pondering all Monday and Tuesday, and I talked to my mom. I didn't care what I took for math, so I decided Math Analysis Honors, only because my mom is reluctant to let me take too many AP classes, but Math Analysis Honors is just like and AP class, but there's no AP exam, so it's not. I didn't tell her that...

Anyway, I wanted to take Enviro for science, but then I decided that it would look better if I took Physics, because I've already taken Bio and I'm completing Chem, so Physics is the last of my major sciences. I'm planning on taking Enviro senoir year, because it's an easy class.

So I got all that settle with my mom last night, which I was really proud of. We also decided that I should take photography instead of Ac Dec, because I've already taken 3 semesters of Ac Dec, and my mom thought photo would be a nice, new experience. And I agreed with that decision.

Until about 10:30 this morning, when I went to visit Mr. Garrity to turn in my Ac Dec form for the competition. Garrity pulls out a big envelope, and was all like, "I have something to show you." He took out a letter from the envelope, and holds it out for me to read. I didn't really get it at first...I mean, it was adressed to me and all, and it pretty much just said congrats on medaling in Essay at the last competition in the first two paragraphs, which I skimmed through. I totally skipped reading the third paragraph, because it was too long, heh...and I looked at the signature at the bottom.

It was from Barbara Boxer.

The US Senator representing California.

In all honsety, I'm not into politics much, so I don't know that much about her, but I remember seeing commercials last year during election time about her. I sitll don't know much about her...but getting a letter of congratulations from her...wow.

I felt sooo, unexplainably bad for deciding not to take Ac Dec after Garrity showed me. The problem nagged me all day, until my mom picked me up. The first thing she said was, "I made a mistake last night, and I really think it'd be better for you to take Ac Dec next year." And I was all like, "Oh my god, yay! I think so too!" So that got settled fast.

My mom thinks I should take Ac Dec because the topic next year is China, and she doesn't think I'm going to have many opportunities to take Chinese history and study China at all, as I'd probably never take a class on my own. But I don't really care about it, I'm just glad I'll be able to take Ac Dec. ♥

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home