Friday, April 28, 2006

Exam Week! (Almost...)

So exams are the next two weeks. Oh yeah, the 100% percent on my midterm was real. ^_^ I don't really know what to think of it. I'm not particualrily proud. I'm not exactly happy, but I guess superficially I should be. I'm not comforted. I think the best word here would be confused, but I'm not really that confused. I got a 5 on a practice exam that was the actual exam from 2002, but I've been struggling really hard in stats all year...I guess I am confused about that.

Oh yeah, about the AP scoring system (for people who don't know and for future reference if I read this years later). Everything is weighted so that each portion of the test (multiple choice and free response) is presented accordingly. The range for a 5 (the highest) is 68-100, for stats; a 1 (the lowest) is from 0-something. If you're on borderline and you have 67.5, it depends on how well you communicated your ideas in the free response. You can't get a 4.5, but if you had good communication, the judges might give you a 5, and if your communication sucks (like you didn't show extra work needed to solve the problem), you'll get a 4. I got 76 on the exam, so Kucera gave me a 5 and 100%, it wasn't actually that I got everything right.

I know all I have to do is have a clear head and be able to think. And take a stab at all the questions, even if I have no idea how to do them. I'm planning on reviewing this weekend. I have my Euro midterm/practice exam on Monday, and the real, actual Stats exam Tuesday afternoon, so I'm not sure what to study for. Both, definately. I have to go over material for both, but what material...?

Anyway, I want to go take a bike ride now because it's a gray, cloudy, day, and I have too many thoughts and unused energy from the week I need to get rid of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home