Tuesday, April 25, 2006

STAR Testing

*stretches*

I have been sitting in front of my computer for the last two hours, reading fanfiction. (A Little Piece of Heaven, Leanne Ashely) Is that surprising? I think two years ago (or even last year) I would've been surprised. But I got home and I felt like collapsing, so I started reading. It's really good, and it'd be better if I had any idea what Naruto is about. Sadly, I don't, but I like the story nonetheless. Meh, ignorance can be pretty blissful. ^_^ But I really am going to read Naruto next time I have a chance. The good thing is that I like fanfics now...or at least my tolerance level is a lot higher.

I have STAR testing this week. Ugh... But at least that means no homework. But that means I should studying for AP exams, like I didn't last night. Instead, I finished reading The Da Vinci Code. I thought the plot was too movie like, and in general, it was mediocre. I mean, the facts are good and accurate, and I'm very proud I understand the stuff realating to art history (<3), but there was absolutely no character development, and the whole thing just seemed pretty shallow. You can't cover up a sucky plot, no matter how historically accurate your facts are. Then again, what right do I have when I say this? Probably less than none. Dr. Corbett once said that you can say your opinions about famous people after you publish your second book, so when I finally do that, Dan Brown had better be writing better.

So, yeah...I feel better. Except today in stats we were doing an activity and Karla was asking me how to do it, and I didn't get it either, so I was all like, "I don't know, but just go along with it." And I think Dr. Kucera herd because she walked right up to my desk and guided me through it. Which made me feel really, really bad. Horrible. Dr. Kucera is really a good person, somewhere very deep down. No matter how much useless busywork she assigns. And she understands a lot about life, I think. At least, she understands a lot about hapiness. I mean, it's obvious that stats makes her insanely happy, and maybe helping others does too, so what better occupation than a stats teacher?

A lot of people want a job that pays well, but really, you've got to consider your hapiness before anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home