Tuesday, April 11, 2006

New Template

Yay! And it matched with the title. I still want to make my own, but not right now. I'll get to it after May, probably. I also want to set up a website using blogger where I can advertise flute lessons. Although I'm not quite sure I'll have enough info to make an entire website on it. I mean, what's there to say? My rates, personal info, experience, contact info...it'd be a pretty simple website.

I went to Corbett's review session again. Not a lot of people were there, and we mostly covered stuff about certain cities and why they were important. Then we went to WWI, and that's when everyone started getting bored. I've realized that I need to work on memorizing dates for Euro. Not specific ones, but I really don't have much of a clue on what years the big movements, like the Enlightenment, occurred around. I guess I'll work on Euro today, and see where I go. I haven't done anything with stats yet, and I actually have homework to do. -_-;; It's algebra review though, and I still have my answers from the same problems last year, so I'm not worried. I understand stats so much better this semester, thank god. Maybe it's because I tend to like proofs in general, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I have so much more time to work on school without marching band. I am definately not joining next year.

Oh yeah, I kind of told everyone that on Friday. I was getting a ride home with Jacqueline, and Jenna and Kaitlynne were also in the car. Jacqueline and Kate were the only ones I told I was considering not joining band next year, so Jacqueline asked me, "Have you decided if you're taking marching band next year?" I couldn't lie and say I hadn't decided, because I have, a while ago, and I couldn't lie and say yes, I did want to join, because I didn't. So I told everyone the truth. Jacqueline and Kaitlynne were fine with it. In all honesty, I don't think Kaitlynne cared much, and Jacqueline was dissappointed, but she'll be fine. But I know Jenna's going to tell her mom and Rachel now, and they'll be trying to get me to join. But seriously, that's my decision. I've been thinking about it since last October, when Stephen and Agni quit. I felt like quitting then, too, and I don't want to be ripped apart again because I stuck with something I didn't want to do. I was scared too much with my stats grade all last semester, and I'm not stupid with math (well, maybe I am), but the main problem was that I didn't have the time and energy to deal with it. Besides, happiness depends on the individual, to quote from Clamp (in Chobits), so when Jenna told me that the biggest mistake her mom said she made in high school was quitting band, I was thinking, "Well, I'm sorry for your mother, but it's not like what dissappointed her is going to dissappoint me."

You can say I'm a geek, but I think that's the same mistake Marx made. Well, maybe it's not exactly a mistake, but expecting people to behave like machiens, all alike, is totally irrational because people aren't machiens. People have emotions, and their emotions will always be different depending on the individual. It's like that example Corbett keeps making, where there's a really smart kid, and he's all set to take the AP exam, but his dog gets run over that morning. No matter how smart, the kid might still screw up the exam because he's sad over his dog. And who wouldn't be?

Even if I am making a mistake, I'll learn from it. Anyway, I've made my decision, and it's final. I want to join an outside band or orchestra in the fall next year. I'm planning on working on that after AP exams and the Ac Dec competition. I'll have to talk to Florence (my flute teacher) about audition pieces and all that good stuff, and I want to start teaching flute because it's the best thing I can do to work, and I'll get the most profits from it. And the only way I can do that is if I get more time. And even with doing all that, I'll still have way more time to study than I did last semester. I don't want to kill myself again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home