Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Happy to be alive

I really am. I woke up at 7-ish this morning, and I didn't want to get up so I tried to go back to sleep and I actually slept for a while. I woke up again at 8:07, and for some unknown reason, I felt really happy. The only other time I've felt like that was on the second day of freshman year, when I woke up and looked at the pictures of Chi over my door. Francis Pascal said "the heart has its reasons that reason cannot know" in response to Descartes, I think. I think he meant that not everything can be explained by deductive reasoning. Descartes and the French Revolution confuzzles me. Descartes because even though he was a dedective thinker, he used inductive methods. No, wait, it's the other way around. He was an inductive thinker who used deductive methods, so that made him a deductive person. ...right?

But back to Pascal. I like his quote. Anime makes me happy, and I'm not sure why, so I'll just go along with Pascal's words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home