Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Calmed...

I think the stress I was suffering from has decided to go away. I spent most of my afternoon reading Seto/Isis fanfics, and oh my god, they made me feel so much better. I don't know why. All the pressure and stuff just sort of...evaporated. Maybe it's just realizing that no matter what, there'll always be love in the world. Even if it only exists in the (sometimes mediocre) writings of (mostly) teenage girls involving characters that're copyrighted to some freakish bozo. I guess that was a bit harsh on whoever created Yu-Gi-Oh. I can't believe I don't know his name. What kind of obsessed fangirl am I?

But really, I don't care much for the main plot in YGO, except I have some pretty good memories that're associated with it. I won't start ranting about them, partly to preserve Nina, Liz, Jen's, and my own dignity. Or what's left of it. And partly because I don't think of YGO like that anymore. It's kind of funny, I like the whole thing better now; I still think the "good" characters are pathetic (not as a character--their characters are strong, but their personalities are pathetic), as before, which kind of makes me like the small/"bad" people more. And let's face it, I'm turning into a devoted S/I fan. They're really almost the same person, at least, after Isis gives up the whole predestination thing. She kind of reminds me of John Calvin that way, but their reasoning for predestination is different. (I can't wait til the AP exams are over and I can stop making these references.) Seto reminds me of...*racks brains for a Euro metaphor*...an enlightened despot? No, he wouldn't care about the "general will of the people." More like and absolutist, so lets go with Louis XIV.

I really don't understand how people can get Seto/Shizuka. I mean, it's totally irrational for Seto to fall for the little sister of someone he completely hates! And why the hell would she like him back?! I guess anything can happen if you put them under the right circumstances, but really, Shizuka is pretty naive. I don't have much against her character, but that's how I think of her. She's more like Mokuba in that she's always looking up to Joey. If they were charcters from European history, they'd be...someone totally incompetant. Like Louis XVI, I guess, only they wouldn't be selfish, but they would fail at running a kingdom, or winning tornaments, or being head of a huge company because of their lack of neccessary skill. But you can always develop skill, so I don't think they'd get themselves beheaded by the people. Okay, I'm really going crazy now.

Oh, I just got it--Kaiba would be a Machiavellian ruler. Like Bismark. Or like what we're doing in Iraq today. "The ends justify the means." Wow, I amaze myself sometimes. I hope I don't think of this on the exam and crack up. That would be excruciatingly embarrasing. And how would I explain it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home