Monday, November 13, 2006

Grades

I am irritated. After all the worked I did yesterday, Smith EFFING POSTPONED the APUSH test. It is now NEXT WEEK. That's why I'm blowing off the notes I should be doing tonight. >.<

I'm also meeting with Stender during tutorial tomorrow, and I am freaked out!!!!! AHHHH! Okay, so my grade is a B, which is infinitely better than the C+ it sunk down to after Stender gave back the summer homework, but he hasn't given back our Douglass papers yet, and that was worth 50 points (OMG!!!!) and I'm getting it back tomorrow when I talk to him, and I'm scared out of my wits that I did poorly on that and it will drop my grade again!!!!!!! *runs around screaming hysterically*

Then, on Wednesday, I'm getting back the physics test I finished today. Thank god those are curved, but I will be infinitely disappointed if I didn't get a B or better; I killed myself studying for that.

On the bright side, I kicked ass on the math test from two weeks ago (+150/140!!!) and the quiz (+95/95!!!) from last week. My grade has gone up a full 7% thanks to those. So at least I've gotten my A in math back. Whew. (By the way though, I really don't think something worth 95 points can be legally called a quiz. Anything worth more than 25 points and can effectively damage your grade should be a TEST.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate the way my math class is. So I think 20% is hw, which is fine, and 10% is class participation. But the rest is all tests, and we don't get that many! So if you screw up on one, like I did, you don't get much of a chance to bring it back up. In a way I'm glad we don't have more, but maybe I'd make more of an effort to study. Now I gotta cram for Wednesday.

And write an essay tonight! JOY!

5:16 PM  
Blogger meem said...

You should be glad! My math teacher doesn't collect homework at all! Our grades are 100% tests and quizes! But I think we get a lot of tests (one every 2-3 weeks), and we get at least a quiz a week, so I guess that evens things out a bit.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home