Monday, November 27, 2006

"Those who do not learn history are condemned to repeat it"

I think I'm a decent history student (okay, so I'm blowing off my APUSH notes, but besides that), but somewhat, I never learn anyway.

So after dragging my dad to Borders the other day, I looked at this AP review book (for LANGUAGE and composition) and it looked really good, so I went home, found it on amazon, and ordered it through my dad's account. I even made sure it was by the same author, even though it was an older edition. Just now, my dad came to double check I had the book I wanted...and it turns out I accidentally ordered the LITERATURE and composition one.

Oops.

So I told him to quickly cancel the order, which he did, and then I looked up the Lang & Comp book, the right one I wanted. I found one by the same publisher (Kaplan) that came out in '05, but it didn't have the name of the author who wrote the one at Borders on the front. It did, however, list her under "special contributions:" on the copyright page, so I ordered that one. I looked at the table of contents, too, and it listed all the same things as the one in Borders did, so I'm taking the chance that it's the same one. Either way, any of the practice tests will help, and it's by the same publisher, so I'm hoping they aren't too different. And the AP exam doesn't change much, as Kucera used to say. (Oooh, speaking of her, I have to pay her $35 for my entertainment book. Must drop by tomorrow.)

This is totally unrelated, but I feel like telling it: I went to the vending machine at lunch today to get Chex mix, because I was hungry (to be redundant), but when I pressed the button, it said to make another selection. So, not because I really wanted them, but beacuse the machine already had my dollar, I pressed the buttons for hot cheetos. I waited a moment, but when the ball didn't fall down, I turned to go, thinking, "this sucks." But right as I took my first step back to The Tree, I hear a "thump," so I turned back around, and there are not one, but two bags of hot cheetos in the bottom pouch of the vending machine, waiting for me to pick them up. Can we interpret this as a sign of something?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home